Sunday, July 02, 2006

England Lost

As you all probably know that England Lost the world cup to Portugal. They lost on the free kick, like they did last time in Euro cup.

I was actually quite disappointed. Everyone else was really sad, and some even cried. I'm not a football fan, Im not even an England fan. But I don't know why that particular game I want them to win. I guess its because Rooney got a red card, without any reason at all. And I really like Crouch the really tall guy, he plays really good (for my amateur eyes anyway).

We have been in the O'neill's (an Irish Bar, funnily enough) since 14.00, can you imagine? the game starts at 16.00. Well last time we were there 15.30, there was a queue and no one got in so we had to go to some other pub. Even our friends that has been there since 13.00 didn't get a seat. I wonder what time did the ones who has seats got there?

Anyway this is the first time I went to a proper pub game viewing. Everyone dressed up, they brought with them horns, big inflatable hands, inflatable hammers,flags etc. They sang and sang together. In this particular bar I can't even remember how many times they sang " I'm England till I die, I'm England till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm England till I die!". It was a very lively crowd. I had fun watching these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home