Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hares



This picture is from Matt185 in flickr of one his great pictures of wildlife, this is not one that I took myself. It was taken in the same region though.

I've been wanting to spot hares near enough so I can see them properly. Walking around fields seems to only give glimpses of them. I wasn't even sure that they were hares, except the part that it looks a bit bigger than a bunny. However this morning when I look outside the window into the fields, something flashes so fast amongst the tall grasses, as a hare could go about 70km/h. Isn't that amazing?

So in the evening I just sit by the window, watching the field. Because they say that hares are active in the nights and sleep in the day. And there they were, lots of hares or most probably one big hare and its leverets (baby hares) (the spell checker doesn't have this word in it). Hares tend to live singularly, with its mate or with its babies.

It was great. I might go hare watching again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home